Quality and Environmental Policy
PRINCIPLES OF THE QUALITY POLICY OF SALINAS
1) The quality of the products and services, and the customer’s satisfaction is an essential, imperative and permanent objective. This culture of customer service should be a conviction and reference framework to permanently take into account by every person in the company, in order to create stable and long-lasting relationships with the current customers and to acquire new customers.
2) To establish effective communication channels with the customers which favour their integration in order to define and adapt ourselves to their needs and expectations, to provide them with the best products and services, and to know their level of satisfaction.
3) To pursue excellence and continuous improvement through the identification of improvement opportunities in the provision of services, in the design and development of projects and in the relationship with customers, orienting the efforts, in addition to control and correct non-conformities, to prevent the causes, with an optimization perspective as the final objective.
4) The commitment of continuous compliance of the regulatory requirements applicable to all the company’s activities, both in quality management (ISO9001) as in environmental management (ISO 14001), in addition to other requirements to which the organization subscribes.
PRINCIPLES OF THE ENVIROMENTAL POLICY OF SALINAS
1) The environmental protection is an important responsibility for the whole company, integrating throughout the organization specific objectives is essential for us, especially to raise awareness.
2) The reduction of the environmental impact generated by the consumption of natural resources and energy, and by the waste management, is the main task of our environmental protection policy.
3) Our commitment to constant improvement and prevention of pollution is directed to reach a better environmental compatibility of the company’s activities. For that purpose, we take into consideration reducing waste, conserving natural resources, avoiding pollution and exploring opportunities for re-using and recycling the waste.
4) For its specific commitment to the guidelines FSC (Chain of Custody), Cartonajes Salinas proclaims that it is not directly or indirectly involved in the following activities:
- Illegal logging or illegal commerce of trees and forest products.
- Human rights abuses and traditional practices in forest operations.
- Destruction of high conservation value in forest operations.
- Conversion of primary forest to plantation or non-forest uses.
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forest operations.
- Violation of the relevant conventions of the ILO, as defined in Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998.
5) To be alert and ready to provide a response to matters, the need for knowledge and public concerns and to work with other companies, governmental institutions, associations and institutions for the protection of the environment.
INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN CARTONAJES SALINAS
Our integrated management system is based on:
- ISO 9001:2008; as the basis of our management system.
- ISO 14001:2004; as the basis of our environmental management.
- FSC; as a means of ensuring a responsible forest management, that is socially, economically and environmentally beneficial. FSC certifies that Salinas uses raw material (cardboard, inks, glues…attached to the Chain of Custody).
To register the FSC seal on a box: for those, the box must to go through an specific certification to certify that the traceability or chain of custody is maintained to that specific project.